Re: HOWTO remove a previous wildcard file list?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:09:23PM -0400, Mark Hurley wrote:
> Thank you Walt!

You're welcome.  :-)

> I can't believe I didn't find that! In case anyone else wants to view
> more info on "history expansion" with bash...
>
>     http://www.kashpureff.org/nic/linux/texinfo/bash_6.html
>
> or more simply
>
>     man bash
>
> Doh!  ;)

Well, it's not the easiest thing in the world to find on the bash man
page.  I first learned about this trick in the O'Reilly book Unix
Power Tools.  Even knowing that it's possible, I always forget the
sequence and end up hunting through the man page for several minutes
before I find it again.

Walt