Re: Quicken Like program for linux

M G <gmg0786@yahoo.com> wrote:

|> Does anyone know if there is a quicken like program
|> for personal finances available for linux.. I can run
|> quicken with wine, but who wants to do that?!

A number of peole have already recommended GnuCash. There's a very
useful description and overview of it in the most recent issue of
Linux Journal (#84, April 2001). The article was written by Robert
Merkel, the principal developer.

The current version is 1.4.9; the version packaged for both stable and
testing is 1.3.4.

It requires the Gnome libraries, but will run with any window
manager. Compiling it from source (if you wanted a more recent version
than is available in stable or testing) can be tricky, because it uses
some uncommon build tools,

Jim