Re: vorbis

On Sunday 22 April 2001 03:37 am, Stephen E. Hargrove wrote:

> if i want to use og vorbis, is vorbis-tools the only package i need to
> install?  i've installed it, but oggenc seg faults and i'm having trouble
> figuring out why.

I had the same problem, when I used different versions of libogg, libvorbis
and vorbis-tools.

Currently I am using

libvorbis0     1.0beta4-1
vorbis-tools   1.0beta4-1
libogg0        1.0beta4-1

on woody and things work fine. Previously (I think) I had version 1.0beta3
of either the libs or vorbis-tools, and I got a segfault as well.

regards,
Volker

--
In the long run, every program becomes rococco, and then rubble.
		-- Alan Perlis