Re: libc6 and kernel 2.2.18pre21????

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 06:47:52PM +0200, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Currently I'm running Potato 2.2r with kernel 2.2.18pre21 and libc6
> 2.1.3-13.
>
> I'd like to upgrade to libc6 2.2.2-4. I'm afraid I could run into trouble
> when installing the newer version.
>
> Did anybody do this? Any suggestions?

if your going to upgrade libc to the one in woody you should just
upgrade the whole thing to woody.  you might be able to get away with
it but i suspect it would be more trouble then its worth.

i suggest staying with potato and libc 2.1.3.  do upgrade to r3 and
2.2.19, you have many open security holes right now.

add security.debian.org to your sources.list too.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/