Re: linux-books

Yes, that is one of the reasons that really made me want it badly.  When I read
the reviews on Amazon of Programming Perl  one of the reviewers complained that
Wall tried to present the concepts from different
points of view and that one these was as a natural language.  The reviewer seem
to think this was off topic
and should not be in the book.  Naturally I disagree and it made me want the book
just that much more.  Also even though it may not be for the novice I have found
that there is no substitute for learning from the master even if it means reading
over and over til you believe it.   Your point too that the book imparts more
than just knowledge of Perl is another good reason for owning it.