re:linux-books

Programming Perl is an awesome book, far more than just
a book on learning Perl. I highly recommend it. It does
the best job of explaining programming concepts to
non-programmers that I've ever seen. Larry Wall is one
of the co-authors, and his voice comes out loud and
clear. I'd not dream of saying that he's not a programmer,
but he's also a linguist and someone who can explain
a topic using real language, not just jargon.

Good luck,

Zonker