Re: Linux Books

Hi all,

Thanks for the great suggestions for Linux literature .  I  printed the
order:

TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol 1, Stevens & Wright
Understanding the Linux Kernel, Bovet & Cesati
Linux Device Drivers, Rubini
The Unix Programming Enviroment, Kernighan
Beginning Linux Programming, Stone & Matthew
The Mythical Man-Month,  Brooks
The C Programming Language Kernighan & Ritchie
Programming Perl, Wall
HTML: The Complete Reference, Powell.

Again  as part of the procedure I used the "Self" loop to cull titles
that have  "Idiots,"  "Dummies," or
"Unleashed" as part of them.

I read a chess list too and from time to time a person contributes their
Desert Island Reading List, 10 chess books that a person would like to
have when stranded on a desert island. When the urge hits a person on
this list they could do the same for Debian.

In case people think my employer is giving away free money ( not likely
), I state for the record that I acutally earned this money but the
proceeds can only be spent for faculty enhancement and developement.
I taught a so called Univ 100 course last fall in addition to  usual
courses that I teach.  Univ 100 as you can probably guess is an
orientation class for new freshmen.  Again thanks for the help.