SO 52 and Java

Hi,

I have now read some FAQ (see the "StarrOffice 5.2" Thread)
But i am now a little bit confused.

All you guys wich are saying that the java support is running. Do you have
the java packages from debian or instaled it by yourelf?
Debian has the packages:
jdk
jdk-dev
The jdk is the runtime version. Ok, Soffice doesn't recognize that java
package (instaled in /usr/lib/jdk.1.1) It is version 1.1.8v3. Does anybody
know wich java is really in the debian packages and schould i better download
and install it by myself?

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"