Re: Linux Books

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, George M. Butler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been asking questions on this list and received lots of help.  I
> am new to
> Linux but have some
> limited experiece with Unix in the past. I have just
> discovered that my employer will let me have $400 to buy books related
> to my job.

What a great policy! :)

> I have to spend the money by May 1.  I hope this message is not off
> topic but I
> feel lots would be interested
> to hear the responses of the readers of this list.  Thanks for your
> help.

I'd suggest these books, I've found them to be very helpful and
well-written:

Real World Linux Security, by Bob Toxen
Published by Prentice Hall

Programming Perl, by Larry Wall
Published by O'Reilly
(Possibly one of the best programming books ever written)

Linux: Installation, Configuration, Use, by Michael Kofler
Published by Pearson Education

PHP Essentials, by Julie Meloni
Published by Prima Tech

I'm sure other folks on the list have some great suggestions
as well.

Take care,

Zonker
--