Re: StarOffice 5.2

* Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>, 2001-04-20 13:45 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with so52.
> I have downloadet the bin from sun.
> Now i want t install it.
> 1. SO can't find my java installation and even if i give the path it says
> that i couldn't find java... I have both java packages (jdk and jdk-dev)
> installed.
> 2. How must i install it so that a normal user can use it. First time i
> installed SO as root in /opt/so52 but then my normal user couldn't use it.
> Even if i set the right permissions...

Install SO with the " /net" option for example into /usr/local/lib/.
Users will complete their homedir installations (2 MB each) on their
own.

There's a _very_ good SO-FAQ at

http://www.wernerroth.de/en/staroffice/faq/faq.html (engl.)
http://www.wernerroth.de/staroffice/faq/faq.html (deutsch)

It addresses your Java- as well as ODBC problems, and much more. It's
really very good.

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]