Re: StarOffice 5.2

On 4/20/01, 2:32:47 PM, Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch> spelled magical
StarOffice 5.2:

> Hi,

> I have some problems with so52.
> I have downloadet the bin from sun.
> Now i want t install it.
> 1. SO can't find my java installation and even if i give the path it says
> that i couldn't find java... I have both java packages (jdk and jdk-dev)
> installed.

If you can go to Sun:s Star Office support, for Linux you can find
answers to java.
I use java jdk118, that works. Jdk 1.2.2 don't.

> 2. How must i install it so that a normal user can use it. First time i
> installed SO as root in /opt/so52 but then my normal user couldn't use
it.
> Even if i set the right permissions...
> Where are the errors?

There are lot of answers for installing SO, too. And You can find some
useful patches. They maybe fix some
problems...http://supportforum.sun.com/staroffice/ go to Linux Install
Getting Java to Work, and bug fixies you'll find in
/staroffice/patches.html

> cheers,
> Raffaele

maRia