xserver-xfree86 4.0.2-13

Folks,

I doubt of my thinking :-)

I try to install xserver-xfree86 4.0.2-13 by dselect.  When I launch the
process:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Setting up xserver-xfree86 (4.0.2-13) ...
dpkg: error processing xserver-xfree86 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
 xserver-xfree86
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall
again
Press enter to continue.

Setting up xserver-xfree86 (4.0.2-13) ...
dpkg: error processing xserver-xfree86 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
 xserver-xfree86

When I un-install it again, the configuration script for setting up the
resolution etc. of my hardware.  Shouldn't this be run rather during the
installation than during the de-installation process ?

Said other: how do I install this xserver-xfree86 ?

Cheers,

Lukas

--
Lukas Ruf                        Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Office: ETZ-G61.2                             Computer Engineering and