Re: X configuration problems

At 12:50 AM -0400 4/19/2001, Adam Bender wrote:
I just installed and configured X Windows on my system. I seem to have done it incorrectly, since when it loads, it's a mostly white screen with black dots on it. What makes it worse is that it now loads on startup, even before I login. How can I prevent it from running so that I can reconfigure it so that it will work? Also, do I need to install a module for my network card? When I ran xf86config, my card (NVIDIA GeForce 2) was not listed. Is that a problem?

I'm not sure how run levels work in Debian, but in SuSE I just had to startup linux
at run level 1.

At the boot prompt, try typing in:

<Whatever your label, default is Linux> 1

---
Anthony Lau