Re: It's MY computer, not Bill's! (PS. M$ shucks)

also sprach Robert Tucker (on Mon, 05 Mar 2001 11:40:07PM -0800):
> Can I change my mind about this partition scheme later? If not, your
> earlier recommendation included several more partitions and I'd like
> to understand the change in thought. I don't have a problem with
> partitions. It is my understanding that partitions add a margin of
> 'safety' to the system.

no, you won't be able to change that scheme (at least not easily).
yes, they add to security, but you need to understand the implications
first. however, given the excessive space that you have, i'd say go
for it. there's almost nothing that can go wrong.

> > tell us about your windoze machine config. what is the output from the
> > command line command 'route print' ?
> DSL - Kingston card - EtherNet 300 v.1.300.008 software  ALL IP
> addresses assigned by server /

> > what protocols do you use? is this windoze 95? if so, what's listed in
> > the network control panel? what are the tcp/ip settings(*)?
>
> IPX/SPX - compatible protocol / Network TeleSystems P.P.P.o.E.
> NetBEUI - Network TeleSystems PPPOE Adapter (NTSP3)
> TCP/IP - Network TeleSystems PPOE Adapter (NTSP3)

pppoe. oh well.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~smithrod/network-dsl.html

otherwise i won't be much of help.

> > never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
>
> Why do I seem to relate to the above statement...? HHMMMMM...

nonono. you'd be stupid if you hadn't asked. right now you are a
beginner. just like everyone else is or once was.

> Anyone else out there want to jump in on this conversation? Martin
> can't be the ONLY hero(?) out there! Anyone have some experience
> with DSL? Whup it on me! Please!?

for this to work, you better send it to the list. you only sent this
to me... start a new thread... on dsl connectivity only.

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@ !#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
echo '[dO%O+38%O+PO/d0<0]Fi22os0CC4BA64E418CE7l0xAP'|dc