Re: D-Link DFE-530TX Probs W. 2.4.2

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 10:42:23AM +0100, Martin Würtele wrote:
| On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 06:08:12PM -0500, James Moody wrote:
|
| i thought that the dlink 530 tx cards have a via rhine chip as cat

Just to summarize what I have recently learned regarding the D-Link
cards :

DE-530TX    tulip
DFE-530TX   via-rhine
DFE-530TX+  rtl8139

Apparently D-Link likes that model number, but can't stick with a
single chipset for it.  ;-)  IMO when major changes occur (ie a
different chipset) the model number should change significantly and in
an obvious way.  Too bad marketing doesn't seem to agree.

-D