Re: Dual boot, multiple kernels, sytem map problem (was Re: Switching between two file systems.)

also sprach Lee Elliott (on Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:18:35AM +0000):
> Ah, yes.  Sorry, I keep forgetting to replace the replyto on this list.

and you keep forgetting to use the "include message in reply" feature
correctly, just like most other people:

is this necessary?

please guys, 7 levels of replies???

it doesn't take much to delete irrelvant junk.

i hope not. /boot/map and System.map are very different.

/boot/map is the boot sector map while System.map map memory
instructions to kernel instructions.

if you have multiple kernels, installing multiple System.maps in the
form of

/boot/System.map-2.2.18
/boot/System.map-2.4.2

will do what you want.