Re: D-Link DFE-530TX Probs W. 2.4.2

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 06:08:12PM -0500, James Moody wrote:
> Try using the 2.4.x ac kernel series
> (ftp.<country>.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/)
> as it has a patch in it that recognizes the new DLink 530 cards. The
> PCI ID of these cards changed at some point, instead of identifying themselves
> as realtek 8139, they now identify themselves as actual dlink cards, so the
> old driver doesn't detect them. The AC kernels have a fix for this, but
> Linus hasn't merged it into his tree yet, as far as I know. Works fine for
> me. If you don't feel like living on the edge, just plop that one patch into
> your 2.4.2 kernel, it's pretty small.

i thought that the dlink 530 tx cards have a via rhine chip as cat
/proc/pci gives something like
Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies Unknown device (rev 66)

and i use the via-rhine with kernel 2.4 as 2.2 only works with old via
rhines.

hth martin

--
30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0