Re: anyone have a epson stylus photo 870 working?

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:22:50AM +0100, Erdmut Pfeifer wrote:

> exactly -- at least that's what one would expect.
> Normally gs should just load the svga shared lib, but not start reading
> related config files, etc. However, the fact that in your case it does
> proceed as if it wanted to init the svga driver, makes me guess that
> there might be some problem with the device specification in the gs
> command (that's why I asked for that exact command). In that case it
> would be possible that gs falls back to the built-in default device
> (x11 when in X, and that stupid svga thing when in console mode).

the lpdomatic filters use the uniprint driver.  another version uses
stp which is not available in gs.  (in either potato or woody/sid)

> To clarify this further: what happens if you take the following
> trivial PostScript fragment
>
> %!PS
> /Helvetica findfont 36 scalefont setfont
> 10 10 moveto (testpage) show
> showpage
>
> and for example run the following gs command
>
> gs -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=test.jpg -g150x50 -dBATCH test.ps
>
> (assuming you saved the PS under test.ps, of course)

this worked.

so it would seem debian's gs does not have a suitable driver for this
printer?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/