remote printing

    Hey people. I need some help getting remote printing to work. I have a
print server with a local printer attached. I used magicfilter and now it
works great. Now, I'd like to be able to use lpr to remotely print to it like
I do at work.

    My local /etc/printcap is

lp|Remote printer entry:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=jumpgate:\
        :rp=lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

    The print server is jumpgate, and it's printer is named lp. I have a
/etc/hosts.lpd file on the print server containing the hostname of my client.
However, when I print, I get:

[msoulier@lupus msoulier]$ lpr mail.out
lpr: connect: Connection refused
jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.

    I've checked, the the lpd daemon is running on both machines.

    What am I missing?

    Thanks,

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925