Re: AARGGGHHHH! no X in Woody

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Martin Fluch wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Matheson Cameron wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I can't get X windows to work in Woody.  xdm doesn't
> > start on its own, and if I try 'startx', it says:
> >
> > X: cannot stat /etc/X11/X (N such file or directory),
>
> Is the file /etc/X11/X present? It sould be a link to an Xserver, in my
> case it is:
>
>    /etc/X11/X -> /usr/bin/X11/XF86_SVGA

btw this is not the X4 server, link /etc/X11/X to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au