[OT] OpenGL Experiance

Anyone have OpenGL experience?  I'm porting my companies
engineering software from HP/IBM/SGI UNIX systems to Linux.
Our graphics take advantage of OpenGL.  From what I can see
OpenGL is a set of graphics libraries that need a special
graphics card to run.  I found the OpenGL libraries (actually
Mesa libraries) but I need some recommendations for a graphics
card that is OpenGL capable and also Linux supported.

I need to be able to tell our customers that we tested and
"certified" card "A", card "B", etc. that our software works
and works correctly with OpenGL.

Recommendations please?  Any special drivers for these cards
or is XFree86 all that is needed?

--
Christopher W. Aiken
Scenery Hill, Pa, USA