Re: Napster Block Ipchains Debian 2.2

> Well, my method wasn't perfect, but it would probably get the napster
> traffic down 75% (depending on the knowledge of the userbase in
> question).

Never underestimate the power of free music =)

> I don't think you can get around the opennap problem, since you wouldn't
> know where it is located.
>
> How would the proxy servers work?  Wouldn't the user have to set
> it up outside the firewall somewhere?

More likely, find an open one out there.  It's not too terribly difficult to find
someone's misconfigured proxy, and use that. Sure, you're likely going to limit your
bandwidth since their proxy might not be as fast as your connection, but it's better
than cat /dev/urandom /dev/dsp =)

Mike Dresser