Re: Getting Helix-Gnome

In article <[🔎] E14YTEE-0007EU-00@master.debian.org>, "Stan Brown"
<stanb@awod.com> wrote:
>>But I'd highly recommend against using the Helix packages. I've found
>>that they have conflicts with other packages on a recurring basis.

I have installed them on three computers with different configurations
and had no problems so far. Of course I removed most Debian Gnome
packages before installing Ximian. I even might try downloading the 1.4
test release next sunday.

> 	Is there an ftp equivalent? I am having trouble getting apt-get to work
> 	using http, and am limited to using the ftp method at teh moment.

You can download the packages with wget and add a line pointing
to their location on your harddisk to sources.list (that's what I did).

Felix