HP LJ III with Jet Direct and Linux

I have an old HP Laserjet III with an old JetDirect card in it that I
have purchaed used.  I have to use the parallel port to print to it,
but would like to use the network card instead.  It was configured and
running on another network, and there is some info to that respect in
the diagnostic info I can print out.  I probably need to reconfigure
it, but HP's tools don't detect it.  It appears to want to use ipx,
and I can see it sending stuff out on the network.  I figured it was a
dhcp request, but dhcp doesn't see it.  Anyone know how to
reset/configure these cards or have any ideas of things to try?  HP
has been less than helpful.  TIA.

Rob