Re: Optical mice

> Despite my intense dislike for Microsoft, I have an MS IntelliMouse, and I'm
> very fond of it.

If it helps at all, Logitech builds most of Microsoft's mice for them.

I don't know if it works with Debian (still getting my box configured), but I'm quite partial to the Logitech USB optical mouse.
Three buttons, one of which is the wheel, and it's about $30. It's not the fanciest mouse in the world,  but if you're looking for a
nice, simple optical mouse I'd definitely recommend it. (It is rather comfortable in the hand, although it isn't shaped specifically
for right-handers like some of the Microsoft optical mice are.)

Product link: http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/55