Re: TTF problem in X

Christophe TROESTLER wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to set up a way to get TTF fonts on the X display.
>
> * With xfs-xtt, I configured the directory
>   /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/ (put symlinks for the fonts and made
>   mkttfdir) and added
>         FontPath   "unix/:7100"
>   to /etc/X11/XF86Config but I don't even see the fonts with xlsfonts.
>
> * With xfstt, I succeeds to see the fonts with xlsfonts but when I try
>   e.g.,
>         xfontsel -pattern -ttf-verdana-medium-r-normal-regular-*-*-*-*-p-0-iso8859-1
>   I only get "processing fonts..." and nothing appears...

You don't specify what Xserver are using. If you are trying to set the 4.0.x version,
searching the debian-user mailing list you will found useful info. Anyway, the
xfs-xtt/xfstt (correct me if i'm wrong) are only useful with XServer 3.3.x. I remember
that you need to run a command in the font dir with xfstt (but don't remember what),
you will find explained this in the manual...

Andrea