Re: Error

eileen@orbell.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me how to fix this error after installing XF86.
>
> /dev/mouse unable to get status of mouse fd (invalid argument)
> 2  xda8
> hdc8           pts/        ptyva  sde14   ttyb8      ttyx3  xdb
> hdc9           ptya0       ptyvb  sde15   ttyb9      tty

First of all, check if the /dev/mouse is correctly linked to /dev/gpm (if you
are using gmp) or to /dev/ttyS0 (the first serial port) or /dev/psaux if you own
a PS/2 mouse.

Then you could look in the /etc/X11/Xf86config, in the mouse section, if the
line with device and protocol are correct...

Andrea