debian on laptops

i have my laptop finally running fine but there are still a few things that's
annoying me.  first off everyday i start up, debian keeps on reading my
harddrive, i do a top and see that the program find is using like 16% of my
cpu!  i think this is cause by cron loading up, so how can i turn this off.

second thing is since i don't have suspend working plus i have to boot into
windows sometimes i have to boot linux a few times a day.  the problem is
fsck starts scanning the entire partition when it reaches max mount count....
so is it a good idea to turn this off?