missing packages?

I must be either blind or stupid, but I can't find some packages.  I was
wanting to take a look at KDE and saw that KDE 2 is suppose to be in
Woody (what I currently run), so I did an apt-get task-kde and got
nothing, just an error.  I went to Debian's website and looked for KDE in
the testing packages list, but all I saw was something about kde-i18n,
that didn't seem like what I wanted.  I just decided I had been mistaken
and that it was probably unstable that had KDE 2 and not woody, so I let
it go.  Just a few minutes ago I tried to install fetchmail and now that
doesn't exist in woody.  I get the message that it exists in the database
but there is no installation candidate.  What is going on here?  Am I
missing something?