Re: [OT]Can someone help me understand these mail headers?

At Thu, 1 Mar 2001 07:02:19 +0100 , Dietmar Schultz <dietmar@bibo.escape.de> wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:28:08PM -0500, Jonathan Lupa wrote:

>> Is this just some random happenstance that they set the From: header
>> for the dns server for my ISP?

>The From:-part didn't have a domain part, I guess.

It didn't, you are correct.

> Your ISP adds its
>domain name to make it a FQDN. Those spam was From:
><ÖÐÏãÍø@escape.de> here.

I think this was mentioned on the list a little while ago. Wasn't it an exim 'oddity', or something?

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!