Re: AFS/Heimdal/Debian

On 1 Mar 2001, Sam Hartman wrote:

> 1) MIT does have a pointer to Kerberos at cryptopublish.org which you
>     can grab if you want MIT code outside the US.

How long has this link been available?  And is it now available from the
c.p.kerberos newsgroup FAQ?  There was no mention of it when I read up on
sources for Kerberos a few months ago.

How hard is a Heimdal->MIT migration?  Can I do it without needing to
manually repopulate the key DB?

> 2) You need to build your own Heimdal packages with krb4 support
>    compiled in if you want to use AFS.  Brian's packages are krb5
>    only.

Is this ever likely to change?  Is there any plan for a heimdal-afs or
openafs-heimdal package?

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au