open ports remaining

All,

I have been trying to secure my Debian box, which enjoys a DSL
connection. I've been going through /etc/inetd.conf, commenting out
services, and K'ing others in the /etc/rc2.d/, until what I have left is
the following (output from nmap):

Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
Port    State       Protocol  Service
22      open        tcp        ssh
25      open        tcp        smtp
53      open        tcp        domain
111     open        tcp        sunrpc

So, the questions: I have read some about sunrpc in the list archives but
have not found how to close the port; don't know what domain is, and am
confused smtp is still there since I've commented out the line in
inetd.conf ... I have set my hosts.deny to

ALL EXCEPT sshd: ALL

... I guess then port 22 is not a concern?

Thanks for any help with this. Trying (always!) to become a smarter user.

Best,

Glenn Becker
Online Producer, Community
SCIFI.COM