Re: A debian-based distro for the New

John Carline wrote:
> msgrantmatt@netscape.net wrote:
>
> > I got a few friends who are interested in (trying)linux. For TRYING purposes I want them to use a debian based Linux. I love using debian 2.2
> > and I am pretty new my-self(1.5 year). I think it might be a little to
> > overwelming for them. I beleive there are three to chose from Corel, Storm
> > and Libranet.
>
> Actually there are four good choices. Debian, Debian, Debian and Debian. ;-)
>
> Why abuse your friends by starting them out on an inferior product and then making them *relearn* how to do things the Debian way. Be a real friend and help them start off with the
> *right* distribution.

	Try Stormix. Its Debian with a easy installer and a great gui
replacement for dselect called stormpkg (which is also available from
woody). The installer will also set up X window for you.
	I've tried Mandrake, SuSe, FreeBSD and Debian. Stormix is the
easiest set up and the easiest to upgrade pkgs with stormpkg.
	Just go to stormix.com and d/l the boot floppies or iso image
for Hail which is Debian potato.The DebianPlanet interview with the
Debian project leader even quotes him as saying Stormix has some great
developers who share with the Debian community.