Re: reiserfs annoyances

Matthew Sackman writes:
 > Just to say that I've just switched most of my partitions over to reiserfs
 > and am having exactely the same problems: the boot procedure halts on each
 > boot-up because of the request for a file-system check on the root partition.

I converted both my partitions to reiserfs (mainly because my laptop
doesn't always wake up correctly and I hated waiting for fsck after
hard reboots). I did a couple of things to get rid of the checks.
First off, I removed the dump and pass parameters for the reiser
partitions in fstab, ie., the entries for the reiser partitions look
like this:

/dev/discs/disc0/part3	/		reiserfs	defaults
/dev/discs/disc0/part3	/mp3	reiserfs	defaults

(gee what do you think is on the second partition?) Anyway, I'm also
using devfs, so that's why the device entries look a bit funky. This
got rid of the checks for the at least the non-root partitions. I
thought I had to do something else for the root partition, but I can't
find the change now and can't remember what it was <sigh>.

I don't have any problems with the questions now.

jim