Re: Managing many Debian machines

> Hmm, it would seem to me that you would need to dpkg-repack packages every
> time¹ they get upgraded. Unless you do that before an initial installation,
> the customized changes won't be included. Once installed, either way, the
> changes persist thanks to the way conffiles are handled.

ok, now all we need to build a bulletproof system is a detailed dpkg log
to know exactly what appened with every apt-get upgrade. this way you
can keep a reference box with all the needed .deb for your network, and
you know which .deb you need to repack from the dpkg log.

... is there any developer listening?
(even to yell "there IS a log, go RTFM :-) )