persisting xconfig problem

All,

I'd search archives but I'm a bit ... hobbled, here. So hope you will
excuse if this is old Q.

I just upgraded to full testing. Some problems with some font files (four
of them, xfonts-arphic*.*) but didn't keep me from getting things going --
I don't think, anyway.

So I tried to startx, but got this message:

X: unable to open wrapper config file /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
X: cannot stat /etc/X11/X (No such file or directory), aborting.

so aborted and got:

xinit:  unexpected signal 2

Any guesses as to what is going on here? Perhaps those corrupt
xfonts-arphic files are keeping things from configuring correctly? I
recall having had problems with these fonts before - they don't seem to
want to go away.

Thanks,

glenn

// G l e n n  B e c k e r                                                |

// I don't wanna kill my china pig.                                      |
// 		-- Captain Beefheart                                     |

// glenn@scifi.com                                                       |