Re: Faxes are not delivered by mgetty

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 11:44:35AM +0100, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 10.01.2001 I upgraded mgetty with apt-get. Some days later I
> changed my provider and had to change exim.conf. Now I discovered that
> incoming faxes are not delivered to me as before. What are the
> apropriate variables in exim.conf and/or mgetty relating fax-delivery?
> Was there a change in the new mgetty-package.
>
> I am running stable following security-fixes and proposed-updates.

In /etc/mgetty/new_fax I have the line

USER="postmaster"

so faxes are mailed to that user.

In the DIRECTORS CONFIGURATION section of /etc/exim.conf I have

system_aliases:
  driver = aliasfile
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe
  file = /etc/aliases
  search_type = lsearch*

and in /etc/aliases

postmaster: brian

It is unlikely that upgrading mgetty-fax touches new_fax without your
consent and the only recent change to mgetty has been an NMU security
fix.  Considering you've altered it, exim.conf appears to be a likely
place to look.

Brian
--
email: brian@copernicus.demon.co.uk