raid 10 with lvm

hi,

we're upgrading our webserver and i'd like to know, how to set up a raid 10
with lvm (this section's missing in the LVM-HOWTO)

the system is going to be a potato with some upgrades (modutils for kernel
2.4 and postgres 7.0.3 for potato). for performance reasons we want a raid
10, raid 5 is a bit too slow for us.

there are 4 scsi discs with about 17 gig's left after 4x128 mb swap, boot
and 4x100 mb for a raid 1 /

I'd like to set up the rest for a raid 10 lvm for flexible space allocation
,mainly for /var and /home.

so do i have to set up 2 raid 1's and create a volume group containing the
two raid 1's and create striped lvms on that

or

do should i set up 2 stripes (md1 and md2) and mirror them with raid 0
(md3) and finally create a volume group with md3 and create lvms here?

tia martin
--
30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0