Re: Grub vs LILO

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

>     Tom> Anybody know much about pros/cons of grub for a boot manager?
>     Tom> Thanks!
>
> grub is harder to initially install (as far as I know installation is
> still manual, but I could be mistaken), but once installed you can
> boot from any kernel on any partition.

Could it be simpler than launching a `grub-install /dev/sda' (or
whichever partition you wants to install it to)? You should have
copied all the files in /usr/share/grub/i386/ to a directory
/boot/grub/ (don't know why the postinst script can't do that as well)
and have got a working /boot/grub/menu.lst (the counterpart of
lilo.conf) previously, of course.

Greetings,
joachim