Re: OT: Any Linux-based PhotoID software?

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> writes:

> My university creates ID cards for students using a small camera
> attached to a Windows box running PhotoCard software. I am getting
> mighty tired of trying to keep this Winblows box running. Does anyone
> have any leads on high-quality photo imaging/idcard-generating
> software that'll run on Debian (or even some other Linux distro - at

You could always try running your SW with vmware or win4lin (don't
know if wine is sufficiently good to run a complex app -- even if a
commercial company is now involved develloping it, it has *never* ever
run a single windows progrom for me).

Greetings,
joachim