Re: (newbie) how can I change the display resolution???

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 01:59:09PM +0100, c-3 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can anybody help me how to change my display resolution?
> Right now I just have 640*480 with (I think) 16bpp, but I would like
> to have 1024*768 with at least 16bpp.
> Is it right that I just have to change something in the etc/XF86Conf ?
> I didn't change the values so far, because I don't want something to
> damage.
>
> I'm using a Diamond Viper 330 with 4MB RAM and a Fujitsu 17"
> Monitor (Type "TE767B")
> with a sync range of 100-240 (hor) and 50-60 (vert) (at least that's
> printed on it's label).

Run XF86Setup (graphical version) or xf86config (non graphical).  These
set up your XF86Config file.  You can rename your old file so it won't
be overwritten and you can fall back on it if something goes wrong when
you create the new file.
kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."