can't locate module char-major-5

	Well, since I upgraded from 2.1r2 to 2.2 (via apt-get
dist-upgrade), I'm getting the following logged message everytime I open a
new rxvt window:

---
Jan 15 04:31:48 Tortuga modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-5
---

I've done many Google.com searches, many others see the same thing, but I
see *no* solutions.  I've looked at devices.txt, and see that it could be
referring to:

---
  5 char        Alternate TTY devices
                  0 = /dev/tty          Current TTY device
                  1 = /dev/console      System console
                  2 = /dev/ptmx         PTY master multiplex
                 64 = /dev/cua0         Callout device for ttyS0
                255 = /dev/cua191       Callout device for ttyS191
---

	But I'm still stumped as to what to do.  I was running 2.1r2 under
a 2.2.14 kernel without this.  It popped up when I did a dist-upgrade to
potato, same kernel.  I compiled a 2.2.17 kernel (with 'enhanced rtc' to
get rid of char-major-10-135 messages), and I still get this one.

	Any ideas?

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there
 must be something wrong with the universe."             - Beverly Crusher