Re: gtv, mozilla, and X questions

Thomas J. Hamman writes:
 > gtv:  For a while now, the gtv program in the smpeg-gtv package has been
 > locking up when I try to use it to play mpeg's.  Is it working for
 > anyone else?

I've had problems with this, too.  SDL parachutes deploying
(segfaults) and such...  I've found that 'plaympeg' (in package
smpeg-plaympeg) is a lot less picky about which mpegs to play.  But
then, it's only the video.

 > Mozilla:  I tried the binary download of Mozilla 0.7 and it won't run
 > (it starts up all the mozilla-bin processes but no mozilla windows
 > appear)... does anyone else have it working?  Will there be a deb for it
 > in unstable soon?

I'm also having this problem.  Mozilla 0.6 did the same thing.  I've
been stuck with M18 (which is okay, but...).
I've wondered recently whether it has to do with the java plugin.  I'm
not positive, but I think I may be symlinking the plugins directory
for each release (I can't check until Tuesday - at work).

--
Casey W. Liscum
"This sentence contains only one nonstandard English flutzpah."