rescue disk doesn't support soundblaster

Hi all..
I know this has come up before, but I'm really
confused.
I have a soundblaster 16 CD ROM, but the rescue
disk doesn't support this. I have read all the
documentation that came with the debian distro
2.2r2 as well as the documentation on the
debian.org web site, and the CD ROM HOWTO at
linuxdoc.org and they all contradict each other.
(I assume because of different release versions)
They all give different procedures for installing
from CD using sbpcd.
I need to know if:
A) there is a rescue disk out there that supports
the sbpcd.
or
B) is there consistent documentation out there
that describes how to 1) install from CD using
the sbpcd or 2) make a new rescue disk that has
sbpcd compiled in or 3) how to load the sbpcd
module from the rescue disk

I'm sending this to the user list in the hopes
that a debian developer might have the answer.

thank you!!!

xucaen