Re: Nvidia + 2.4

And Kent Nyberg <blurkis@saftpiraten.network> gave word to the following
thoughts:

Hello there... Thanks for your hints. :))

-|X just wont start, it just crash the computer.

Hmmm... by now I managed to get + install the patch, and now I am running
X on the 2.4.0... did a few tests, like, xawtv, some mpleg playing and
some opengl stuff, and everything seems to work fine, so far... Dunno why
it's not working there with yours... :( Which sort of display adapter are
you having installed in your box? Here it's an Elsa Erazor III LT (which
doesn't even have a TNT2 but a TNT2 M64 chipset which is known for making
trouble sometimes...), but even this way everything seems to work fine...
If you post me your XFree86.log and information like this, I'll try best I
can to give you help on this issue... Only thing I found out by now is
that I had to build my 2.4.0 again with having Console Framebuffer support
disabled, since otherwise when switching from X to the console and back
again, the system run into a severe X crash which only left me to reboot
my box through ssh or using CTRL-ALT-DEL ... But since I rarely need fb
consoles, this is not a problem....

Hope I can help you... Regards,
Kris

--
"These outrageous events break through the peaceful silence.
 Into a fragile community enters madness, insanity...

Kristian Rink
paper: +49 180 5052 5560 8162
phone: +49 174 5360871
icq  : 48874445 (Krishna)