Re: fvwm95: error in loading shared libraries

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Gary Jones wrote:

> I've just installed X and am getting this error on typing "startx":
>
>     fvwm95: error in loading shared libraries
>     libXpm.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>     directory
>
> What I've done is to install X 3.3.3.2 + fvwm95 from my CD-ROM and
> then installed the X 3.3.6 binaries over 3.3.3.2 (because 3.3.3.2
> doesn't support my video card). A "find / -name libXpm* -print"
> reveals no such file on the system. Who stole libXpm.so.4?!?

on my machine this file is contained in the package xpm4g

so check to make sure that this package is installed.

I run X 3.3.6 and the xpm4g version is 3.4k-5

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au