Re: Answering machine software?

> on Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 04:15:02PM -0500, David B . Harris (dbarclay10@yahoo.ca) wrote:
> > To quote Ron Farrer <rbf@farrer.net>,
> > # The getty family does this. vgetty is for voice. mgetty is for data,
> > # and so on. Just do a 'apt-get -f install mgetty-voice' you might also
> > # want to install the "mgetty-docs" package.
> >
> > Odd, never noticed this, but there's no 'mgetty' in Unstable. No
> > mgetty-voice either. I have mgetty-docs, but that's just about it. Any
> > thoughts?

Phil Hands (the maintainer) did a stable-only upload, causing it to be
removed from unstable due to a bug in dupload (or whatever).

In November he told me "It's a dinstall cock-up.  Expect it back soon
:-)" but it's not back and I haven't seen him on any of the Debian lists
since then.  He's apparently MIA.

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Um:
>
>     $ apt-cache search mgetty
>     mgetty-viewfax - Program for displaying Group-3 Fax files under X.
>     mgetty-fax - Faxing tools for mgetty.
>     mgetty-docs - Documentation Package for mgetty
>     lprfax - Utility to allow printing to a fax modem
>     mgetty - Smart Modem getty replacement
>     mgetty-voice - Voicemail handler for mgetty
>
> Cheers.

Are you using unstable?

root:~# grep ^deb /etc/apt/sources.list
deb     http://bigfoot.eecs.umich.edu/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://bigfoot.eecs.umich.edu/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb     http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
root:~# apt-get update > /dev/null
root:~# apt-cache search mgetty
mgetty-docs - Documentation Package for mgetty
lprfax - Utility to allow printing to a fax modem
root:~#