sbpcd mount fails during install

>>I'm having trouble installing Debian 2.2_11 on
a >>486
>>with a SoundBlaster 16 Value card driving a
>>CR-563-B
>>CD-ROM drive.  I use "sbpcd=0x220,1" for the
>>command
>>line parameter (the address is 220 when
>>configured
>>under DOS and works correctly there).
>>Installation of
>>the sbpcd driver is successful, but when I try
>>to use
>>the cd-rom to do the base system installation,
>>the
>>mount fails.  Help, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>Hugh Martin

Hi. did you ever get an answer to this?
I'm trying to salvage an old 486 66mhz that was
running win 3.11 with a sound blaster 16 CD.
everything works.
when booting from the 'vanilla' rescue.bin, at
the boot: prompt, I type:
linux sbpcd=0x220,5
I have also tried:
linux sbpcd=0x220,SoundBlaster