Re: Answering machine software?

on Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 04:15:02PM -0500, David B . Harris (dbarclay10@yahoo.ca) wrote:
> To quote Ron Farrer <rbf@farrer.net>,
> # The getty family does this. vgetty is for voice. mgetty is for data,
> # and so on. Just do a 'apt-get -f install mgetty-voice' you might also
> # want to install the "mgetty-docs" package.
>
> Odd, never noticed this, but there's no 'mgetty' in Unstable. No
> mgetty-voice either. I have mgetty-docs, but that's just about it. Any
> thoughts?

Um:

    $ apt-cache search mgetty
    mgetty-viewfax - Program for displaying Group-3 Fax files under X.
    mgetty-fax - Faxing tools for mgetty.
    mgetty-docs - Documentation Package for mgetty
    lprfax - Utility to allow printing to a fax modem
    mgetty - Smart Modem getty replacement
    mgetty-voice - Voicemail handler for mgetty

Cheers.