glide and 3dfx.o

Hello,

I have a Voodoo3 3000 board.  I'm using kernel 2.4.0 and Debian
testing.  The following relevant packages are installed:

ii  libglide2-dev  2.60-6
ii  libglide2-v3   2.60-6
ii  device3dfx     2.3-5

I've got the /dev/3dfx device with perms set up as follows:

crw-rw----    1 root     audio    107,   0 Jan 12 16:33 /dev/3dfx

I've also insmod'd the 3dfx module.

The problem comes when I run the tests shipped with glide.  The board
is found and everything, but the tests just freeze up.  Nothing
happens (aside from full cpu use), and I'm forced to kill the process.

I've also tried compiling glide from source, but that gives the same
results.

Has anyone had this problem??

Many thanks in advance,
Casey

--
Casey W. Liscum
"This sentence contains only one nonstandard English flutzpah."